<<< Looking for the 24 Hour Online HAZWOPER? Click here. >>>
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Compliance Solutions offers the finest, most comprehensive online 40-Hour HAZWOPER training course in the industry! OSHA's HAZWOPER or Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response standard is at the intersection of three Federal regulatory agencies: OSHA, EPA and DOT. This interactive course includes 28 comprehensive online training modules, hands-on training with a qualified instructor, and a certification exam.
Who should take this course?
The HAZWOPER standard applies to five distinct groups of employers and their employees. This includes any employees who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances-- including hazardous waste--and who are engaged in one of the following operations as specified by 1910.120(a)(1)(i-v) and 1926.65(a)(1)(i-v):
- Clean-up operations--required by a governmental body, whether federal, state, local, or other involving hazardous substances-- that are conducted at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites;
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA) as amended (42 U.S.C. 6901 et seq.);
- Voluntary clean-up operations at sites recognized by federal, state, local, or other governmental body as uncontrolled hazardous waste sites;
- Operations involving hazardous wastes that are conducted at treatment, storage, and disposal facilities regulated by Title 40 Code of Federal Regulations Parts 264 and 265 pursuant to RCRA, or by agencies under agreement with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to implement RCRA regulations; and
- Emergency response operations for releases of, or substantial threats of release of, hazardous substances regardless of the location of the hazard.
This intensive and interactive course allows students to proceed at their own pace. Unlike traditional training seminars, the online 40-Hour can be completed anywhere an internet connection and computer are available. This certification course combines 32-hours of online training with 8-hours of OSHA required hands-on instruction and an online final exam.
REQUIRED TIME TO COMPLETE THIS ONLINE COURSE: A minimum of 32-hours of online study plus 8-hours of hands-on training (included) for a total of 40 hours is required. There is no maximum limit to online study time.
Click here to download a complete Course Outline
Download the Hands-On Training Schedule
Click here to view SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
REGISTERING FOR 8-HOUR HANDS-ON TRAINING: After you complete the required 32-hours of online training, contact Customer Service at 800-711-2706 Ext 1 the Monday before the scheduled 8-hour hands-on class to be registered. These classes are held based upon sufficient enrollment, so we cannot guarantee all classes will be held. However, we regularly offer this class in over 60 cities a month to minimize wait times. When you register, make sure you have completed the 32-hours of online training first! After you complete the required 8-hours of hands-on training, we will issue you a password that will give you access to the final exam. When you achieve a passing score on the final exam, you will be mailed a Certificate and a 40-Hour HAZWOPER Wallet Card for verification at DOD and Hazmat sites that require this certification.